Children younger than 6 may vote for Indiana’s first Firefly Award through May 10 at the Jackson County Public Library, 303 W. Second St., Seymour.
The Indiana Early Literacy Firefly Award is an initiative of the Indiana Center for the Book.
The list of nominees are:
- “Count the Monkeys” by Mac Barnett and Kevin Cornell
- “Don’t Push the Button” by Bill Cotter
- “Tiptoe Joe” by Ginger Foglesong Gibson
- “Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons” by Eric Litwin
- “Tap the Magic Tree” by Christie Matheson
- “Pouch” by David Ezra Stein
- “Let’s Sing a Lullaby with the Brave Cowboy” by Jan Thomas
- “Mix it Up!” By Herve Tullet
This state award is chosen by the Indiana Early Literacy Firefly Committee, which is made up of professionals in Indiana including teachers, librarians, caregivers and project coordinators.
The purpose of this award is to encourage parents, caregivers and very young children to interact together with exceptional picture books.
For information about the award or any of the other classes and events at the library visit the Seymour Library, call at 522-3412, option 2, or visit myjclibrary.org/events.