Tribune staff reports
Visitors to the Freeman Army Airfield Museum shouldn’t have any trouble finding it thanks to a year-long project to replace older signs with new ones.
The Greater Seymour Trust Fund funded the two new signs at the museum and annex at 1035 A Ave., Freeman Field in Seymour, according to a news release from the museum.
Westwind Sign of Seymour produced the signs, and visitor donations to the museum helped pay for the materials to install the signs.
The signs were installed by volunteers with Housing Partnership Inc. as part of Jackson County United Way’s Day of Caring in mid-May.
The original signs suffered deterioration from weather and age, and the new signs are the result of a year’s worth of planning and teamwork.
The museum is a nonprofit organization that relies on the help of the Seymour Municipal Airport Authority, the city of Seymour, visitors and local foundations to further its mission to preserve World War II artifacts and to educate residents and out-of-county visitors about the role of the field in local and national history.
For information about the museum or to schedule a tour, call 812-522-0613.
The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, except on holidays, and by appointment.