Purdue Extension Jackson County is planning a series of healthy living programs for Jackson County 4-H’ers in kindergarten through 12th grade.
Non-4-H members in kindergarten through second grade can enroll for $5, while those in Grades 3 through 12 can enroll for $20.
The Head, Heart, Hands and Don’t Forget … Healthy Living programs are limited to 15 youth participants. Parents are welcome to attend with their child.
All youth participants will receive a 4-H water bottle if they attend at least four sessions.
To sign up, call the extension office at 812-358-6101 or email Heather VonDielingen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programs are:
- Let’s Get Healthy, 4 to 5 p.m. Oct. 17 at the extension office, 111 S. Main St., Suite 10, Brownstown; short walk around Brownstown and learn how to make healthy 4-H green smoothies
- Nature Hike, 4 to 5 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Jackson-Washington State Forest, 1278 E. State Road 250, Brownstown (meet at the shelter house by the office); nature hike and learn how to make a healthy snack for days you spend outside
- Halloween Fun, 4 to 5 p.m. Oct. 31 at the extension office; dance to “Monster Mash” and make Halloween snacks before trick-or-treating
- Nature Hike Take Two, 4 to 5 p.m. Nov. 7 at the Jackson-Washington State Forest (meet at the shelter house by the office); nature hike
- Let’s Move, 4 to 5 p.m. Nov. 14 at the extension office; fun exercises and inventing healthy snacks
- Give Thanks, 4 to 5 p.m. Nov. 21 at the extension office; mini Turkey Trot (wear running shoes and bundle up) and make Thanksgiving snacks