RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — The Latest on the televised debate by North Carolina U.S. Sen. Richard Burr and Democratic challenger Deborah Ross on Thursday (all times local):

7:45 p.m.

North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr says he takes Donald Trump at his word that he didn’t commit sexual assault after allegations from women this week and a video that surfaced in which Trump bragged about kissing and groping women.

Burr said at his televised debate Thursday evening with Democratic challenger Deborah Ross that he’s supporting Trump for president even though he has concerns about the billionaire businessman. But Burr says he has more concerns about Hillary Clinton’s lack of judgment, citing her private email server and the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya. Burr also said only a handful of Republican U.S. senators have publicly distanced themselves from Trump.

Ross blasted Burr for sticking with Trump, saying he “has toed the party line even when Donald Trump has crossed the line.” She says Trump is not qualified to be commander in chief.

This is the only scheduled debate between Burr and Ross.

3:20 a.m.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and the American Civil Liberties Union are likely to be popular subjects in the debate between the two candidates for North Carolina’s open Senate seat.

The only scheduled televised debate between incumbent Republican Sen. Richard Burr and Democratic challenger Deborah Ross will air statewide Thursday night.

Burr is seeking his third Senate term but has been getting pushed hard so far by Ross, a former state legislator. She and her allies have portrayed Burr as benefiting financially during his time in Washington.

Burr has said he still backs Trump for president despite comments about women released last week that Burr called “indefensible.” Burr and his allies have been blasting Ross for her previous career at the American Civil Liberties Union.