Eight Jackson County residents received degrees from Western Governors University Indiana’s sixth commencement ceremony Oct. 15 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
The graduates, their residences and their degrees are:
- Karissa Hartsalla, Crothersville, Bachelor of Science in nursing
- Stephanie Walters, Crothersville, Bachelor of Science in accounting
- Bradley Durbin, Seymour, Bachelor of Science in accounting
- Danielle Brown, Seymour, Bachelor of Science in nursing
- Edna Jones, Seymour, Bachelor of Science in nursing
- John Long, Seymour, Master of Business Administration in management and strategy
- Tina Faltisco, Seymour, Master of Science in nursing — leadership and management
- Steven Scarlett, Vallonia, Master of Business Administration in management and strategy
At the commencement, the state-based online university honored 817 undergraduates and 432 graduates who have completed their degrees in business, information technology, K-12 teacher education and health care professions, including nursing.
The graduates represented more than 250 cities in 90 counties across Indiana.
Dennis Murphy, president and CEO of Indiana University Health, delivered the commencement address and joined Chancellor Allison Barber in honoring the 349 new alumni participating in the ceremony.
WGU Indiana was founded in 2010. Including this year’s graduating class, WGU Indiana has more than 3,900 alumni to date with a current enrolled student body of more than 5,000.