The annual Christmas Basket Fund grew to $3,712 with the addition of $475 in donations through Tuesday afternoon.
The newest donations are:
- In loving memory of Bob Dirks, $50; from Jane and the girls.
- Merry Christmas, $50; anonymous.
- In memory of Victor and Betty Marcott, Victor Jr. Marcott, aunts and uncles and grandmas and grandpas, $100; from the family.
- In memory of Gene Speaker, $100; from the family.
- In memory of Floyd and Mary Butler, $100.
- In memory of Mildred and Gerald “Bones” Graves, $50; from Chris and Steve Letsinger.
- In memory of the charter members of the Christian Women’s Missionary Society of Reddington Christian Church, $25; from the Christian Women’s Missionary Society of Reddington Christian Church
Now in its 71st year, the project is sponsored by American Legion Post 89 in Seymour in partnership with Jay C Food Stores, Jackson County Bank and The Tribune.
All donations may be mailed to or dropped off at American Legion Post 89, The Tribune or any branch of Jackson County Bank.
Businesses, corporations, service groups, churches, individuals or families may donate. Donors may contribute anonymously if they choose and may dedicate their donations to others. Donors and their dedications are published daily in The Tribune.
To receive one of the gift cards, people must live in Jackson County and must submit a letter stating their need for assistance. Requests should be mailed to American Legion Basket Fund, P.O. Box 566, Seymour, IN 47274. All requests must be received by Thursday.
There is a limit of one gift card per person and one per address. Requests that list a post office box address will not be accepted.