North Vernon police arrested a local man on multiple drug-related charges after a traffic stop for an equipment violation.
Jerod C. Palmer, 23, North Vernon, was arrested at 10:17 a.m. Wednesday on Lincoln Street near Hendricks Court, said Sgt. Andrew Richmond, North Vernon Police Department spokesman.
Richmond said he saw the equipment violation on a black 2010 Dodge Charger that Palmer was driving. Richmond’s K9 partner, Heros, alerted to the presence of drugs in the vehicle, Richmond said.
Police found about 1/10 of a gram of heroin, two syringes, digital scales and other drug paraphernalia in Palmer’s possession, Richmond said. Police impounded Palmer’s car after the arrest.
- Palmer faces arrest charge of:
- Felony dealing in a controlled substance (heroin)
- Felony possession of a controlled substance (heroin)
- Felony illegal possession of a syringe
- Misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia
Palmer is being held in the Jennings County Jail in lieu of $1,055 bond, jail officials said.