DETROIT — Television and radio broadcasters report an explosion destroyed a Detroit motorcycle club.

Fire investigators were going through the debris early Wednesday, several hours after the blast and fire at the Street Royalty Motorcycle Club on the city’s west side. No injuries were reported.

WDIV-TV reports utility workers shut off a natural gas line. It’s not immediately clear what caused the gas leak or explosion.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.