An open house and reception for the annual judged art show at Southern Indiana Center for the Arts will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday at the center, 2001 N. Ewing St., Seymour.
The show, sponsored by the Seymour offices of Edward Jones, brought in more than 18 entries featuring painting, photography, pottery and more. The Edward Jones offices have provided cash prizes for this show for more than 10 years.
The open house and reception will allow the public to meet area artists and learn about their compositions.
The free gallery exhibit includes many pieces for sale.
The winners are:
- Edward Jones Sponsorship award: Stephanie Mysak, oil painting, “Shrouded Contemplation”
- Oil and acrylic category: First place, Stephanie Mysak, oil, “Shrouded Contemplation;” second place, Todd Niewedde, oil, “Indiana Dunes;” third place, David Green, oil, “State Fair”
- Chalk pastel, charcoal, pencil and scratchboard: First place, Jewel Hancock, scratchboard, “Seen Better Days;” second place, Judy Carter, charcoal, “Clowning;” third place, Joan MacDermid, pencil drawing, “Untitled”
- Photography: First place, Jesse Pesta, photo, “Forgotten”
- 3D category: First place, Phillip Soladine, raku pottery, “Horse Hair Pottery;” second place, Phillip Soladine, earthenware pottery, “Native”
The October gallery exhibit, featuring works from local resident Ellen Olmstead, begins Wednesday. A reception is being planned for 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 12.