BALTIMORE — Authorities say a 106-year-old man has died of injuries suffered in a fire in his Baltimore home.

Fire department officials tell local media that Lloyd Taylor was injured Sunday in a fire in his home near Coppin State University. He suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms, and chest, and was taken to a hospital.

Authorities say Taylor died Wednesday from respiratory failure caused by smoke inhalation.

Officials say the blaze was caused by cooking.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.