DUBUQUE, Iowa — Officials say one person has been injured in a stove fire at a Dubuque house.

The Telegraph Herald reports that the fire occurred Friday morning, when Dubuque firefighters were called for a report of a blaze at 456 Hill St.

Firefighters say the fire was extinguished by an occupant in the home using a towel. The man, who was not identified, was taken to a local hospital for treatment of a burned hand.

Two people other people had safely fled the house.

Information from: Telegraph Herald, http://www.thonline.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.