SAND CREEK, Wis. — Authorities have identified a woman who died in a house fire in Sand Creek.

The Dunn County Sheriff’s Office says 69-year-old Kathleen Johnson was the victim of the fire Monday night. An autopsy concluded she died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation.

Authorities determined that the fire started near a wood-burning fireplace, but the exact cause wasn’t determined due to the extent of the damage.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.