SAN FRANCISCO — Firefighters suspect a faulty water heater is to blame in a carbon-monoxide death in San Francisco.

San Francisco Fire spokesman Lt. Jonathan Baxter told the San Francisco Chronicle that a carbon monoxide monitor in a house alerted firefighters before dawn Thursday.

Firefighters say they found one man dead on a bed, and another unconscious woman who required hospitalization.

Baxter says other residents were treated at the scene for carbon-monoxide poisoning.


Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.