The annual Christmas Basket Fund grew to $2,555 with $700 in donations in Monday and Tuesday.
The newest donations are:
- In memory of our parents and our son, Billy, $100 from Pat and Jerry Norrell
- In memory of Earl Sewell, $100 from anonymous
- In loving memory of Chris and Marian Moritz, $50 from Chris and Judy Moritz and Jack and Nancy Hammond
- In loving memory of my husband, Gus, his brother, Bill, his sister, Wanda, and brother-in-law, Salas, our parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Keck and Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Bergdoll, and my sister, Avonda Brown, $50 from Barbara Keck and family
- Merry Christmas to the veterans, $100 from Allen and Cheryl Barnes
- In memory of Lora Darlage, $100 from Robert and Mary Lou Shollenberger
- Merry Christmas, $50 from Jack W. Klakamp
- Merry Christmas to all of our friends and relatives in Jackson County, $50 from Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Fenneberg
- In memory of James Byrns, $50 from Terry, Nancy and Lana Byrns
- In memory of loved ones, $50 from Marvin and Linda Rumph
Now in its 72nd year, the project is sponsored by American Legion Post 89 in Seymour in partnership with Jay C Food Stores, JCB and The Tribune.
To receive one of the gift cards, people must live in Jackson County and must submit a letter stating their need for assistance. Requests should be mailed to American Legion Basket Fund, P.O. Box 566, Seymour, IN 47274. All requests must be received by Dec. 15.
There is a limit of one gift card per person and one per address. Requests that list a post office box address will not be accepted.