The congregation of Central Christian Church, 1434 W. Second St., Seymour, will celebrate the church’s 150th anniversary Oct. 20 in worship.
Central Christian Church began in 1863 when several families met in a house on Indianapolis Avenue (somewhere between Second and Fourth streets) to organize the Christian Church in Seymour. They continued to meet in that house until 1866.
The church then moved to a building on the east side of Fourth Street near the former Carter Planing Mill. After that church building burned down, members purchased a lot at Fourth and Poplar streets and built a church.
All content copyright ©2013 The Tribune, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.