An electrical issue is the likely cause of a fire that left two Seymour businesses looking for temporary office space.
“It looks like it was probably a light fixture,” Seymour Fire Chief Brad
Lucas said Thursday of the fire at 115 W. Tipton St. The fire damaged the offices of the law firm of John F. Rothring and bookkeeping office of Mark A. John.
Rothring and John own the building jointly.
Lucas said the fire, reported about 11 a.m. Tuesday, caused an estimated $300,000 to $350,000 in damage.
The fire started in the ceiling of the north side of the building, Lucas said.
All content copyright ©2013 The Tribune, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.