Notice of Tax Sale And
Redemption Period Expiration
Date To Former Owner And
Persons With Substantial
Property Interest of
Date of Notice: April 20, 2012 Re: Clifford Forbes and Frances Forbes
l. The purchaser of your property on tax sale, namely, Robert L. Hounshel and Sandra J. Hounshel will file a Petition for a tax deed with the Jackson County Court on or after October 9, 2012.
2. The date on which the petitioner intends to petition for a tax deed to be issued is on or after October 9, 2012.
3. A description of the tract or real property shown on the certificate of sale is as follows: Pt Montel’s 1st Add Lot 1 .13A, Address: 3000 W Blk Commerce St. Vallonia, IN 47281
4. The date the tract or real property was sold on tax sale was: October 6, 2011.
5. The name of the purchaser or purchaser’s assignee is: Robert L. Hounshel and Sandra J. Hounshel
6. Any person may redeem the tract or real property from the tax sale.
7. The amount of the judgment for taxes, special assessments, penalties and costs under IC 6-1.1-25 to redeem the tract or real property are as follows:
a) 110% of the Taxes and Sale costs (Minimum Bid) if paid not more than Six (6) months after the date of sale, 115% of the Taxes and Sale costs (Minimum Bid) if paid more than Six (6) months after the date of sale but prior to one year after the date of sale. The Minimum Bid was $3,543.98
b) In Addition, Ten (10%) per cent per annum of the Surplus Bid on the sale of $.00
c) All taxes and special assessments paid after the sale by the purchaser plus 10% per annum
d) Attorneys fees and costs of giving notice $350.00
e) Title search or examining and updating the abstract of title $150.00
*** The total amount to redeem the property from the tax sale changes from day to day. The Auditor of Jackson County should be consulted for an exact figure***
8. The Purchaser, Robert L. Hounshel and Sandra J. Hounshel, or the Purchaser’s successors or assignees are entitled to reimbursement for additional taxes or special assessments on the tract or real property that were paid by the purchaser subsequent to the tax sale, lien acquisition, or purchase of the certificate of sale, and before redemption, plus interest at 10% per annum.
9. This tract or real property has not been redeemed.
l0. The Purchaser, Robert L. Hounshel and Sandra J. Hounshel, or the Purchaser’s successors or assignees is entitled to receive a deed for the tract or real property if it is not redeemed on or before October 8, 2012.
11. The Purchaser or the Purchaser’s assignee is entitled to reimbursement for the costs expended by the purchaser prior to redemption for: 1) Attorney’s Fees, 2) Costs of giving notice including certified mailing fees and publication costs, 3) Costs of the title search or of examining and updating the abstract of title for the tract or item of real property.
12. The date of expiration of the period of redemption is October 8, 2012.
13. If the property is not redeemed, the owner of record at the time the tax deed is issued may have a right to the tax sale surplus, if any.
14. The street address, if any, or a common description of the tract or real property is: 3000 W Blk Commerce St. Vallonia, IN 47281
15. The key number or parcel number of the tract or real property is: 36-54-29-103-057.000-005
/s/Robert L. Hounshel, Purchaser
/s/Sandra J. Hounshel, Purchaser
Ju 20, 27, Jy 4
All content copyright ©2013 The Tribune, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.