Man dies after clothes catch fire



An 85-year-old North Vernon man whose clothes caught fire while burning brush on his farm Tuesday afternoon died at an Indianapolis hospital, police report.

Donald Johnson of the 200 block of South Jackson Street was flown by ambulance to the Richard M. Fairbanks Burn Center at Eskenazi Health Center, according to a news release from Jennings County Sheriff’s Department.

He was pronounced dead about 11 p.m. Tuesday, Maj. Jerry Shepherd said.

This story appears in the print edition of The Tribune. Subscribers can read the entire story online by signing in here or in our e-Edition by clicking here.

All content copyright ©2014 The Tribune, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.