Area emergency responders are no longer on alert following a request to send help to the East Coast and New England in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy and an overlapping winter storm.
Indiana Department of Homeland Security dispatched people and equipment to the area over the weekend, but so far none of that help is coming from District 8, which includes Jackson County.
“At this time, no, I’ll not be going, and so far no equipment or personnel from District 8 has been selected to go,” Duane Davis of Jackson County Emergency Management said Monday.
“We were put on standby notice, but other people and assets were selected,” Davis said. “We could still find ourselves needed to supplement personnel in those areas.”
All content copyright ©2013 The Tribune, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.